Bolton Technologies expertly provides an array of services that enable organizations operating in a number of different industries to perform as competitively as possible. A solid technology foundation, whether in terms of digital services or physical infrastructure, is the cornerstone for a firm’s longevity, adaptability and innovation.
At Bolton Technologies we have everything you need to help your business successfully transition to the cloud with a team of expertly trained consultants, providing solutions to perfectly suit your business requirements. Working with you every step of your cloud experience, we will help you navigate your business towards success and ensure you have the technological capacity for your business future growth.
Key responsibilities include performing general server administration tasks, monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability, operational workflow development, and managing enhancements/upgrades and providing – Various levels of support.
Develops and maintain system documentation for Lab/Data Center configuration and customizations. Designs, develops, and maintains custom templates and reports for performance and proof of concept testing. Provides application and server level support for server environments and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for asset management system. Lead Technical efforts for software upgrade, patch updates, data migration, for server software. Apply configuration and tuning standards in accordance with Microsoft and Linux recommendations and clients’ requirements. Develop and maintain system documentation for server/software configuration and customizations. Conduct system performance analysis and performance improvements in collaboration with Architects, Engineers and Network Engineer to insure system efficiency. Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 level support.
- Strong knowledge of – Virtualization Technology including – VMWare ESX(i)
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with Windows and Linux (UNIX) server administration including Active Directory, Domain Name Services and DHCP.
- Expertise in administration of IIS (Internet Information Server) and Apache Web Servers including installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrade and Web Application installation.
- Knowledge of computer diagnostics and installation, to include hardware/software troubleshooting and networking
- Demonstrated experience working with infrastructure related components such as running network cables, installing servers in equipment racks.
- Familiarity with the operation and configuration of networking protocols, network interface card installation, switches, routers and similar components.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work after hours support on a rotating schedule.
- Must be capable of lifting 1U and 2U rack mounted servers up to 40 pounds and familiar with the use of Rack Jacks and general data center safety procedures.
- Follow written and/or – Verbal instructions for custom operating system and application installs
- Maintaining and auditing lab assets and routine inventory control.
- Knowledge of data center power system i.e. PDU, 120/240v would be helpful
- Knowledge of wire and cable management would be a plus